Writen by Ammachiyude Adukkala 12:30 PM - 0 Comments
KONJU PEERA (SHRIMP WITH GRATED COCONUT)
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 Piece, chopped
Shallots – 6 nos, sliced
Garluc - 3 nos,sliced
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Green chilli – 3 nos, slit
Kudampuli/Gambooge – 3 nos
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Wash and clean the shrimp/prawns.
2. Put all the ingredients mentioned above except coconut oil, in a sauce pan or meen chatti(clay pot) and give it a good mix with your hands or a spoon.
3. Heat the sauce pan and pour little water( 1/4 cup) and let it boil.
4. Once it starts to boil, bring the flame to low heat and cook covered for about 10 mins(till the shrimp/prawns/konju is cooked).
5. Pour the coconut oil to the sides of the sauce pan/meen chatti and give a light mix. Do not stir the Konju peera too much. Remove from heat.