Writen by Ammachiyude Adukkala 6:00 AM - 0 Comments
By : Navya Prakash
Boiled and cleaned Mussels - 250 Gms
Onion - 1 medium sized, chopped fine
Green Chilly - 2 nos, chopped fine
Ginger - 1" pc, chopped fine
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Fennel Seeds - 1 tblspn
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tspn
Chilly Powder - 1 tspn
Curry Leaves - 2 springs
Coconut Oil - 3-4 tblspn
Salt - accordingly
How to Prepare
1) Cut each mussels into tiny chunks.
2) Take a Heavy Bottomed vessel/Manchatti , heat it and pour sufficient oil.
3) Add mustard seeds, 2 dried red chillies & one spring of curry leaves.
4) Add the Mussels and Fennel seeds and stir well.
5) Hand mix the cut onions, green chillies , chopped ginger and grated coconut well and add to the mussels.
6) Add turmeric, chilly powders , salt and mix well.
7) Cook till done. (you can add some water to cook if the mix gets too dry. normally mussels oozes out water, so doesn't have to add much water.)
8) Add Curry Leaves and Serve Hot !
Note: Adjust the spice level accorgindly