Writen by Diaz Xavier 11:26 PM - 0 Comments
Macaroni - Indian Style
Macaroni – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Garlic – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Onion – 1 med., chopped
Red , Yellow & Green Bell Pepper – 1/2 each, chopped
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper – to taste
Red Chili Flakes – to taste
Soy Sauce – 3 tbsp
White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
1. Boil macaroni with salt, 2tsp cooking oil and required amount of water for 5 minutes. Drain water and keep aside.
2. Heat a medium size pan on medium heat.
3. Add Oil and allow it to heat up.
4. Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
5. Add the Curry Leaves and the chopped Garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
6. Once that is done, add the Onions and the bell peppers.
7. Sprinkle some Black Pepper and red Chili Flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
8. Add the sauces – White Vinegar, Soy Sauce and Ketchup, saute for 1-2 minutes.
9. Add in Coriander Leaves and give it a quick toss.
10. Mix well and pour the macaroni into the casserole.
11. Serve hot with some garlic bread and/or some soup.